Currents in Indigenous Art: Native Writers Discuss Native Art, The Coe Center
The Coe is thrilled to be hosting a writers panel organized by First American Art Magazine. Currents in Indigenous Art: Native Writers Discuss Native Art will be held at the Coe 10:30am-12 pm.
This roundtable discussion about where Indigenous art is moving today is not to be missed!
A diverse group of Native American editors and writers share their insights into new institutions, renovations, efforts to increase diversity and inclusion, fashion, media, revivals of Indigenous art forms, expanded awards and grants, Native identity fraud, artists’ pandemic strategies, and much more. Outdoors. Free and open to the public.
- Moderator: Neebinnaukzhik Southall (Chippewas of Rama First Nation), freelance writer
- RoseMary Diaz (Santa Clara Pueblo), guest editor of Legacy and Craftsmanship Quarterly
- Kelly Holmes (Cheyenne River Lakota), president of Native Max
- Jessica Metcalfe, PhD (Turtle Mountain Ojibwe), guest editor of the official SWAIA Artist Directory Magazine
- America Meredith (Cherokee Nation), publishing editor of First American Art Magazine
- Stacy Pratt, PhD (Mvskoke), contributing editor of First American Art Magazine and freelance writer