Western Eyes: 20th Century Art Here and Now, New Mexico Museum of Art, March 12, 2022 – Jan 8, 2023
Western Eyes: 20th Century Art Here and Now explores regional developments of modernism including American realism, Indigenous modernism and Native American art, and Mexican modernism. The show highlights southwestern modernist painting and sculpture and display stylistic developments including abstract expressionism, minimalism, and pop. This exhibition illustrates how the museum’s collection is representative of these significant art historical moments and how the modern artists of New Mexico have always engaged with significant trends on a national and international level.
Winter hours: November through April
Winter weather conditions may require the museum to close. Please contact the front desk at 505-476-5063.
May through October
Open 10 AM – 5 PM Saturdays through Thursdays. Fridays open 10 AM – 7 PM most weeks.
- General admission: $12. New Mexico residents with ID: $7.
- Some special exhibitions or events may require an additional fee
- Group admission is $8 for parties of 10 or more
- A $30 CulturePass allows you to visit each of the state museums and historic sites once during a 12-month period.
- Children 16 and under are admitted free
- New Mexico foster parents and foster children are admitted free
- Museum of New Mexico Foundation members are admitted free
- New Mexico residents 60 and older are admitted free on Wednesdays with ID.
- School Groups, including all chaperones, are admitted free. Call 505-476-5075 to schedule your group visit.
- New Mexico residents are admitted free on the first Sunday of each month
- New Mexico residents are admitted free every Friday 5 – 7 p.m. May through October, with ID.